Creating and finding the Instagram username for the first time is always like an uphill battle. Some users create an Instagram account with a username that they regret years after. If are you are one of those users then don’t worry because you can change Instagram username to a good one.
Let me tell you one thing your Instagram username is different from your display name. Where the display name can be the same and can match to other Insta users, the username is always unique.
In this article, we will see how can you change the Instagram username or display name in 2022 in just a few simple steps.
Difference Between Name And Username On Instagram
Instagram username and name are very important for every user on this social media platform.
- Instagram Username – A unique identity that starts with @ which can be up to 30 characters long is called the username. The IG username can have alphabets, numbers, periods, and underscores and shouldn’t have any special symbols in it. A
- Instagram Name – The name on Instagram can be identical to other users. It can be used to search for the profile on Instagram also.
How To Change Instagram Username From Desktop?
Here are the steps to change the Instagram username from the Desktop version.
- Open the official website of Instagram from the web browser.
- Now, log in from your account that you want to change the username.
- Click to your profile icon and go to Setting from the top right corner of the window from the homepage.
- You will see your username right user your Display name.
- Click on your Instagram username to change it and then hit submit at the bottom of the page.
Remember that the username should always be unique and can never be the same.
How To Change Username on Instagram From Android & iOS App?
If you prefer to change the username from the Instagram app using in your mobile devices then here are some tips to do so.
- Open the Instagram app from any of your mobile devices either from iOS or Android.
- Now click on your profile icon from the left bottom side of the app.
- From here you have to click on the ‘Edit profile’ option right in front of you.
- You can see your profile information like your Instagram name, username, website, and your bio.
- Tap on the username to change it and remember to keep it unique only.
- If the username is available then you’ll see no error and you can save it by tapping on the ‘Done’ at the top right.
If you want to change Twitter handle or username then you can also do it very easily.
Why Can’t I Change My Username On Instagram Within 14 Days?
There are some guidelines and protocols by Instagram that restrict you to change the username. Some of the situations when you can’t change the Instagram username can be:
- If the username is already taken by someone else then you can’t use it.
- Maybe your browser or your phone is experiencing a cache problem. So, clear the caches then change your Instagram username.
- You can’t change the Instagram name then make sure that you haven’t change it more than 2 times in under 14 days. That means you have to wait for 14 days if you want to change your name for the third time.
However, you can also delete your Instagram account and can create a new account without changing it.
How To Change Instagram Username Before 14 Days?
Instagram is one of those social media sites that allow you to change or alter the username as many times as you want. The only thing that you should remember is that whatever username you use should be unique and is not taken by anyone else.
This is Instagram 14 day username bypass trick you can use in 2022.
When you changed the Instagram username it will be reserved for the first 14 days. This is the reason Instagram won’t allow users to change their name more than twice within 14 days.
Here are some simple tips to change your Instagram name in 14 days.
- Visit Instagram and go to your profile to edit it.
- You will see your name that is your display name.
- Click on that to change your Instagram display name whatever you want.
- Click ‘Done’ and your new Instagram name will be displayed to you.
One of the ways you can try is by reporting a problem to Instagram and submitting the problem. It depends on Instagram if they would allow and let you change the name more than twice under 14 days.
What Can I Do If Instagram Says a Username Is Unavailable But It Isn’t Being Used?
If you are trying to use an available username but Instagram says you can use it then there are some reasons behind it.
- The owner has disabled the account temporarily.
- The account has been deleted by Instagram for violating the guidelines.
- The username is still in the database of Instagram even after it is deleted.
Change Instagram Username 2022 – FAQs
What is the Instagram username change limit in 2022?
With the update in Instagram policies, the company restricts changing the name more than twice in 14 days. That means the limit to change the username is twice in 2 weeks.
Can you change your Instagram username and keep your followers?
When you change the username it will not affect your profile in any way. You will not lose any of your existing followers by changing the username.
Why can’t I change my name on Instagram 14 days before?
Instagram allows the users to alter, modify and change the name of the profile twice under 14 days. This means if you can’t change your name on Instagram it means you have to wait for 14 days’ time period.
Will I lose my followers if I change my Instagram name?
Whenever you change the Instagram username all your followers will be not be affected. You won’t start to lose your existing followers automatically when you change your IG username.