The history of learning management systems dates back to the 1990s. Not only has LMS accelerated with the expansion of multimedia and the internet, but also has upgraded with the advancing technology.
There are mainly two kinds of LMS:
- Cloud-based LMS: A cloud-based learning management system is a learning technology solution that is hosted on the web and anyone can browse the information with an internet connection. It is like a warehouse of data stored in the cloud, which can be accessed by logging into the web portal from any device. One such relevant example of cloud-based LMS is Saba Cloud.
- Installed/Software-based LMS: This kind of LMS software has to be installed and then launched from a specific device. One cannot access the benefits of software-based LMS from any other device. It restricts the liberty of accessing the information from anywhere. Software-based LMS is a less cost-effective approach as it requires huge investment and maintenance costs.
How Cloud-Based LMS Is A Smart Investment?
In the era where every small organization to a multinational company has decided to digitize itself, organizations are investing a good amount of money in cloud-based LMS for smooth, hassle-free functioning. Cloud-based learning management system so far has proven to be the best approach to fill the gap between employees and the organization. LMS-based companies develop the best possible e-learning solution for their clients. Here are some notable reasons why cloud-based LMS is a smart investment:
- Accessibility: In the era of mobile learning, the liberty to access the learning material without any geographical hindrance, plays an important role in why one must choose cloud-based LMS. One can access the data irrespective of place, time, or any number of times one has to visit the portal.
- Cost-Effective: Since one can visit and access the cloud whenever one wishes to, it reduces the cost by relocating the cost incurred upon the in-house instructor to developing new training material online and updating the pre-existing material. If you want to buy VPN for your devices, you can get the best VPN for Hulu at an affordable price and save massive money.
- Personalized Training: Cloud-based LMS uses intelligent algorithms to make recommendations to users based on the user’s skill level and extract the data within to make more accurate data recommendations. It also uses data based on the user’s skillset to assign them duties and then train them accordingly.
- No special supervision: Since cloud-based LMS does not require to be installed as software on an organization’s system, no extra supervision is required. The developer of LMS facilitates and makes sure that an organization has to do no technical function but login, create and distribute the content.
- Data-Security: Any organization can store any amount of data at any kind of LMS or e-learning website. Since data has been a valuable asset to any organization an organization must secure its sensitive data. Cloud-based LMS provides various features to secure your data from an unauthorized party, these include:
(a) IP Blocker
(b)Advanced password Authentication
With the increase in demand for cloud-based LMS amid pandemics, LMS has seemed to evolve. It is not only about e-learning but also has moved beyond training content development. It has now integrated with further technology that is used in many organizations called Human Resource Information System. Its function is to get new employees and retain the employees that have been around for a long time and are up to date with current market knowledge. Cloud-based LMS also deals in allocating and tracking the work hours of employees and assigning their payroll accordingly. An effective cloud-based LMS brings better Returns on Investment and increases the rate of success in the industry.