You may be from one of the 205 million users of Twitter and now looking to change Twitter account name. Many users think that they can’t change Twitter display name in 2023 but actually, you can do it very easily. But the question arises can I change my Twitter handle without losing the followers?
So, hang out with us if you don’t want to change your username without impacting your Twitter followers.
Difference Between Display Name and Username On Twitter
Before we tell you how to change twitter display name 2023 it’s important to know the difference between the Display name & username.
- Display name – Twitter display name is your personal identification that is displayed in your profile. It can be your name, company name, or anything. The display name can be similar and the same as other Twitter users.
- Username – Twitter username is that which is unique to every account and can’t be the same. It is used for logging in, sending messages, and for tweets. The username is starting with @name like @Twitterusername2023.
|Twitter Display Name||Twitter Username|
|Minimum Characters – 2||Minimum Characters – 4|
|Maximum Characters – Up to 50||Maximum Characters – Up to 15|
|Can be similar||Only unique|
|Can have special characters like $%^&*||Can have only (_) underscore|
|Example – Display name#$||Example – @username|
How To Change Twitter Display Name 2023?
If you are unable to change Twitter display name then follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Click on profile from the left side panel of the desktop.
- From the Twitter Edit profile window, you can change the display name up to 50 characters.
- Now change Twitter name that you want to use and then hit the save button at the top.
Finally, you have changed the Twitter Display name, this was as simple as it was.
Why To Change Twitter Display Name?
Users update their profile bio, picture and even change the username & display name for many different reasons. Sometimes the Twitter handle does not represent the nature of your business, profession, or your personality. Also, users get bored with their old Twitter name so they want to change it over the period the time.
You can read more from the source of Internet, Here is 10 uses of world wide web connects all together digitally.
How To Change Twitter Display Username From Desktop?
If you are wondering how can I change my Twitter Handle then follow these below-mentioned instructions carefully.
- Log in to your Twitter account from the username you want to change.
- Now as you logged in, click on the three dots (…) i.e., More options from the left side panel.
- Now select the Settings & privacy option.
- You can see the setting of your account after you click on Account information from the panel on the right side.
- Here you have to confirm the ownership by entering your password and click hit.
- As you are done with it you will see all your account-related information and at the top, you have to click Username for Twitter.
- Change the username whichever you want based on the availability and click save.
This is how you can remove a name on Twitter with a new username.
Can’t Change @Name on Twitter App or Desktop – Follow These Steps
Here are the instructions to change your username on mobile Twitter.
- The first step again you have to log in from your iPhone or Android to your account for which you want to change the Twitter username.
- Now, click on your profile picture from the top left corner of your screen.
- After a new window will appear, select the Settings & Privacy option.
- Now, click on the Account option and then the Username option.
- From here you can select or enter any of the available usernames that you want to use in the future.
- After you are done, hit save and start using your new @name on the Twitter app.
This is how to change your name on Twitter mobile easily without losing your existing followers until you have a verified badge.
You may secure your Online activity while using twitter, By activating IPVanish VPN with the help of IPVanish Coupon.
What Characters Can Be Used In a Twitter Username or Handle?
Twitter allows a user to add alphanumeric characters to make the usernames unique. You can use letters from A to Z and numbers from 0 to 9 while using underscores. However, you can’t use dashes, spaces, special symbols while creating the username.
You can use up to 15 characters to create or change the Twitter handle.
An example of @name on Twitter with allowed characters – @myusername_01
Do You Know? How to Delete Instagram Account 2023
Where Can I Find My Twitter Display Username?
You can find your Twitter username from your Twitter account after you have logged in. Navigate to the Profile from the left side of the windows and at the bottom of your profile pic, you will see your Twitter Display name & username that begins with @____. You can also change your Twitter handle or username.
Remember the username is the unique identity of your profile and is used to log in to your account.
Does Twitter Work With VPN?
Twitter is not the only single social media platform that blocked content based on the IP address. Whenever you connect with the internet the apps can track your locations and provide you with regional content.
By using the top VPN service providers for Twitter, you can access the regional-blocked websites easily. There are some of the cheapest vpn plans that you can use to enjoy unlimited restricted content.
If I change my Twitter username, can users still find me by my old username?
When you will change your existing Twitter username to a new username your followers and the people you follow will see your new username. Twitter users can find you on Twitter from your new username that you have changed. That means all your old chats and posts will be shown with the new username.
However, your old username will be available for other users who want to use it.
If you are wondering Why Can’t I Change My Facebook Page Name 2023 then you should read the blog to solve the problem.
How many times can I change my Twitter username or handle?
One of the best things about Twitter is that you can change your username as many times as you want without any limitations. But changing the username can result in losing your verified badge and followers.
Can verified Twitter account change username or handle?
A verified Twitter account can also change their username whenever they want to. However, this can result in loss of the verified badge of the account as your identity will mismatch from the Twitter database and the account may even lose followers.
Can you change Twitter handle without losing followers?
You can easily change your Twitter @name from the settings of your account. As you will change your username from the old to the new username, your existing followers will now see your new username. This won’t result in the loss of your followers until you have a verified account.
How to delete Twitter account?
Just go to the setting and privacy and from your account tab click Deactivate your account. Deactivating your Twitter account will temporarily delete your account, you can again reactivate it.
However, you can reactivate it within 30-days after deactivating your Twitter account as after that your account will be deleted permanently.
What happens when you change your Twitter handle?
After you change your Twitter handle with the new username and avatar, the users will see your new Twitter handle or @name. It can’t affect your Twitter account until & unless you have a verified badge.