Are you thinking to buy NordVPN Ubuntu then you are at appropriate place. Here we will let you know how to setup NordVPN on Ubuntu in 2023.
NordVPN is famous for its excellent service around the world. With more than 5,500 servers in around 59 countries, it is no surprise that NordVPN remains popular today.
I’ve been a user of NordVPN for years & have used it in every situation to secure my connection eg. on public Wifi and torrenting.
NordVPN offers top-notch security and privacy with proper encryption while you surf the web.
How To Set Up NordVPN On Ubuntu?
Here are the quick steps to set it up on your Ubuntu device.
- Sign up for NordVPN & make sure your account is active. Use NordVPN coupon for 68% discount.
- Run command to download and install NordVPN.
sh <(curl -sSf https://downloads.nordcdn.com/apps/linux/install.sh)
- If you receive an error Command curl cannot be found, then run command below and repeat the above step.
sudo apt install curl
- Run the command to grant permission that the NordVPN user needs. This command will automatically use the currently logged-in user.
sudo usermod -aG nordvpn $USER
- Reboot your device through reboot command
sudo reboot now
- At this point, NordVPN is installed! Now, we’ll be going to connect to NordVPN by using credentials.
Connecting To NordVPN
- Run command to log in to NordVPN.
- You’ll receive a message, you need to use a browser to log in. Copy URL and paste it into a web browser, then continue to log in.
- After successfully authenticating using the webpage, run the command below mentioned to connect.
You’ll automatically connect be connected to the nearest location.
- If you’d like to customize this command please move to the next step.
Connecting To Precise Location With NordVPN
If you connect to any NordVPN server location, it automatically secures your connection. But you can easily connect to the certain country location you want.
- Run the command to see the list of the countries where NordVPN has VPN servers
- Run command to connect to any of the countries listed in the above step.
nordvpn connect [COUNTRY]
Automatically Connecting To NordVPN On Ubuntu Boot
You can set up NordVPN so that it automatically connects before you boot your device.
- Run the below command to get NordVPN current settings
- The command below will enable auto-connect. After running the below command, NordVPN will automatically connect as soon as your device is turned on.
nordvpn set autoconnect enabled
NordVPN Kill Switch For Ubuntu
NordVPN kill switch automatically disconnects your device from the internet if you loose your connection. After this, if NordVPN connection drops for any reason, the Ubuntu device will not be able to connect to the internet. A kill switch is essential to ensure your connection is secure.
nordvpn set killswitch enabled
NordVPN Help Menu For Ubuntu
There are many other options available that you can use & the help menu allows you to see all of them. Run command to see the NordVPN help menu.
How To Disconnect NordVPN On Ubuntu?
Disconnecting NordVPN on Ubuntu is pretty easy you just have to run the below command.
[root@localhost user]# nordvpn disconnect
You are disconnected from NordVPN.
Why You Should Use NordVPN On Ubuntu?
NordVPN comes along with a lot of advantages. You’ll get amazing features with complete privacy. If you’re a new subscriber, then you might not understand why NordVPN is among many VPNs. You can easily setup NordVPN on Windows 11 PC, iOS, Linux, etc also as it supports multiple operating systems.
However, here are some reasons to use NordVPN on Ubuntu
- Your privacy is truly guaranteed
- You don’t have to worry about online security
- It has excellent geo-restricted ability to unblock any restricted site
And, You can also uninstall NordVPN on Windows, Android and other operating systems. If you want to uninstall it for some reason.
Conclusion For Setup NordVPN On Ubuntu
This guide shows how to setup NordVPN on Ubuntu. You may find the process a bit difficult and settings are incredibly powerful, depending on how you configure them. One more thing, NordVPN can be used on all of your devices to secure your connection.
Hope you’ll get all the information related to setting up NordVPN on Ubuntu.
Is It Safe To Use NordVPN Ubuntu?
Yes, it is surely safe to use NordVPN for Ubuntu at everywhere in the world. You can easily use Ubuntu while connecting to NordVPN.
Is It Legal To Connect NordVPN On Ubuntu?
Yes, it is totally lawful setup NordVPN Ubuntu in almost all the countries. You must checkout the government guidelines before using NordVPN for Ubuntu to prevent any legal action.
Also, Explore our Other NordVPN setup Guide To Make Your Experience Good: