Setting up a VPN on Windows 10 is the easiest task. You can easily connect a VPN on Windows for personal use or for business purposes. A VPN helps you to secure your connection. It will help you to keep safe over the Internet. While surfing on the Internet you do not have to worry about the tracking of your Identity/ It keeps secure your identity over the browser. A VPN also helps you in your work for example if you are working in a coffee cafe or at home then a VPN helps you access your office location or network and the Internet. Setting up a VPN in Windows 10 is not as difficult as it sounds. It is very easy to set up a VPN. You only have to follow certain steps. So in this article, I am going to tell you How to Setup VPN on Windows 10? So let’s begin-
Steps to Setup VPN on Windows 10
There are some simple steps that help you to set up VPN on Windows 10 manually. Once you have got a VPN service then you will find a number of options. You have to first get access to all the servers that you can connect with. Your VPN provider will give you manual sign-in details in which you will have to fill in your information like username and password or certificate depending on the service. Once you will get all the information then you have to directly move to the settings of the VPN. So let’s begin the setting up VPN on Windows 10-
- With the Right-click, click on the Start button.
- The next step is to click Settings.
- In settings, there is an option of Network & Internet. Click Network & Internet.
- Further, Click VPN.
- Click on the plus sign to add a VPN connection.
- Below the VPN provider, there is a dropdown menu. Click the dropdown menu.
- Click Windows (built-in).
- Click on the Connection name field.
- Now you have to type a name for the VPN connection.
- Click the Server name or address field.
- In your VPN account, you will find Server’s address. Type that Server’s address.
- Click the dropdown menu below VPN type.
- Now you have to choose a connection protocol.
- Click on the dropdown menu & Type the sign-in information below.
- Now Click a sign-in method
- Click Save.
- Click the VPN that you just set up on Windows 10
- Now Click Connect. It depends on the sign-in method and you might have to enter the username and password that you have used in your sign-in process.
- Congratulations you have completed the Steps to Setup VPN on Windows 10
Steps to Remove/ Disconnect VPN on Windows 10
If you do not want to use VPN or disconnect any server then here are some steps that you have to follow these steps to remove/ disconnect VPN on Windows 10. There is also a button for quick on and off in the VPN system but we will give you complete steps to remove VPN on Windows 10. So let’s take a look at the steps below:
- The first step is the same one you have used in setting up a VPN on Windows 10. Right-click the Start button.
- Now click Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click a VPN.
- Click a VPN connection that you want to remove.
- Click Disconnect.
- Click Remove.
- At last, Click Remove again to confirm.
- You have successfully removed a VPN from Windows 10.
Our Top VPN Provider’s Recommendations
A VPN is one of the most necessary and important things these days. And in this digital life, everybody is using a VPN service. A VPN helps you to keep safe over the Internet. It will keep your identity safe and secure. There are a number of VPN providers in the market. Below are some of our top VPN providers’ Recommendations that offer excellent VPN services at a very affordable range:
- Cyberghost VPN
I hope this article helps you to set up a VPN on Windows 10. We have provided all the basic steps that will help you to easily set up a VPN. You can also get the steps to remove a VPN from your Windows 10. So I hope it will help you. Stay tuned for more updates.
Also, Read- How to Disable VPN?