LetMeSpy is a monitoring App that can help you to track any mobile phone or any kind of SMS, and GPS locations. It helps you track anyone’s live location and messages, that information about hacking, also known as a tracking app.
On 27 June 2023, LetMeSpy announced that it had been hacked, then hackers stole the data of approximately 13,000 users. Now all the information with mobile numbers, SMS, call logs, GPS location, email address, etc.
The hackers stole the content of the message collected on the account and all IP addresses, and payment information.
What Data Was Stolen In The LetMeSpy App Hack?
According to hacking information, at least 13,000 users’ data has been hacked. moreover, it is also tracking more than 13,4,00 locations data of users. Based on the data location points majorly users are located in the United States, Western Africa, and India.
The LetMeSpy app hack exposed the personal information of users including:
- Email address
- IP address
- Phone number
- Payment information
- Content of messages collected on the accounts
All personal information about users has been hacked, along with many other details, due to the LetMeSpy app hack. However, with the help of a trustworthy VPN (NordVPN), you can protect your online privacy and security.
How Did The LetMeSpy App Hack Happen?
The LetMeSpy app hack happen due to security breaches that allow an unauthorized third party to steal sensitive data associated with thousands of Android users. And as a result, the criminals gained all the sensitive data of all the users.
And also gained access to all the information such as email addresses, phone number, and the content of messages collected on accounts. Now they can use all the information wrong manner or for a crime.
Who Was Affected By The LetMeSpy App Hack?
The majority of victims affected by the LetMeSpy app hack are in the US, India, and many parts of Africa. Cybercriminals were able to hack LetMeSpy’s networks and get access to email addresses, phone numbers, and the content of messages acquired from user accounts during the incident.
What Can I Do If I Think My Phone Was Infected With LetMeSpy?
- Change your password: If you think that your phone is infected with LetMeSpy then you have to change your all social media accounts, email passwords, banking apps, and other online accounts passwords.
- Scan your phone with malware: there are many antivirus with VPN and anti-spyware apps available to scan your phone with malware, to check is phone is hacked or not.
- Factory reset your phone: This will erase all the data from your phone including the LetMeSpy app.
- Report the hack to the authorities: you can report the incident to the police or to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
If you suspect that your phone has been infected with the LetMeSpy app hack, it is advisable to take above mentioned steps to protect your device. In addition, using a VPN (like NordVPN) can help enhance your online security and safeguard your information.
What Are The Risks Of Using LetMeSpy Or Other Stalkerware Apps?
Here are some risks of using LetMeSpy or other stalker ware apps:
- Privacy Invasion: stalker ware apps can hack someone’s phone location and record their call logs, It can be the major invention of privacy.
- Harassment: these apps can use to locate someone and harass a person. This can cause them to feel unsafe and isolated.
- Violence: These apps can be used by an abusive partner to track and control their victims.
- Legal consequences: Using these apps can be illegal in some jurisdictions If you are caught using these apps. You could face some criminal charges.
In a similar vein, you can explore another incident involving LockBit claims ransomware attack on pharma giant, which also pertains to hacking.
However, employing a VPN offers a way to effectively protect yourself and reduce the risks associated with using the LetMeSpy app. By utilizing a well-reputed NordVPN, you can ensure your security and privacy.