Are you a freelancer who wants to work from home? Or you are not going office for some reason and want to work from home for some time. It’s very important to choose the best VPN for work from home. It protects your privacy along with important work-related data which could be unsafe on the home network.
There are so many virtual network providers that you will get easily confused while selecting a good one. So stay with us because we will help you select the best VPN for remote workers to work from home.
What Is A WFH VPN?
A work from home(WFH) VPN creates an encrypted tunnel between the company’s server and employees’ computers. It scrambles the data which is sent over the tunnel between an organization’s server and the employee’s computer system.
The scrambled data is protected by an encryption key which is required to decrypt the sensitive data. This is how a work VPN on a personal computer can protect sensitive office data from anonymous trackers or hackers.
Why VPN For Work From Home Is Important?
When you connect to the internet using a home network or public Wi-Fi, your IP is visible over the network. Also, there is a lack of enterprise-level advanced firewall or malware security on the home network. So the chances of data leaks are comparatively high if you don’t use a WFH VPN.
Another common issue while working from home is slow connection speed on the home network. The ISP sometimes throttles down your internet speed. This can cause lag while having an office team meeting on zoom or accessing files on the company network.
A virtual private network removes ISP throttling restrictions. This can help you access work-related data on cloud servers without lag by adding an extra layer of security. That’s why it is necessary to choose the best VPN for working from home without any issues.
How To Choose The Best VPN For Work From Home 2022?
Among hundreds of VPNs in the market, it is difficult and confusing to choose the one that suits your requirement. So we have listed some important features which you must know before you setup VPN to work from home.
- Connection Speed: It is very important to have a connection with a speed high enough to download and upload work files. So choose the best high speed VPN that provides up to 10- 40Gbps servers like ExpressVPN.
- Top Quality Encryption: Work VPN on home network should have fast and good encryption technology. It should be able to secure files with an encryption key which is difficult to crack by external programs.
- 24/7 Customer Support: The VPN for work from home should have a 24/7 live support agent if any issues arise at uncertain times. You could be working anytime, as most part-time freelancers work at night.
- Global Reliability: The virtual private network should have lots of servers worldwide. So you can choose from a wide range of servers if one of the nearest servers fails. This will help in secure and reliable connection for work from home.
- Restriction-Free Bandwidth: While working from home, you have to download and upload lots of files or data. So it is important to use a work VPN on a home network that provides unlimited bandwidth usage plans.
- Affordable Plans: It would sound bad if you have to pay a lot for using a VPN for work from home. Many VPNs have high-cost plans but their services are not good enough. So choose a virtual private network that provides the best data security under budget-friendly plans.
- Multiple Simultaneous Device Support: Sometimes you’ve to use both your phone and computer for work-related tasks. That’s why select a virtual private network that secures more than one device under a single plan.
13 Best VPN For Work From Home 2022
A virtual private network is important to protect sensitive work-related files on the home network. Here is the list of 13 best VPN for working from home or freelancing:
- IPVanish VPN
- PIA(Private Internet Access)
- Hotspot Shield
- Bitdefender VPN
Surfshark: Affordable Work From Home VPN 2022
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN for remote workers that provides a secure connection for working from home. You can either install Surfshark on your device or purchase a router with a pre-installed Surfshark VPN. You can get this VPN for work from home at $2.49/mo with a 30 day money-back guarantee.
- More than 3200 servers in 95 countries.
- No-log policy doesn’t store users’ data.
- Supports an unlimited number of devices under a single plan.
- 24/7 live support agent availability or email support.
- Unlimited bandwidth for usage.
- AES-256-GCM encryption to secure data.
- In-built Ad Blocker and malware protection.
- Multiple protocol support such as OpenVPN, IPsec, or IKEv2.
- Bypass restrictions to access blocked websites using private DNS.
- Available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and many more.
IPVanish VPN: Best All-Round VPN For Work From Home
IPVanish is one of the best VPN for all devices that can help you work safely from home. It can encrypt your sensitive work files and reroutes your data from secure high-speed servers. Its VPN work from home plan is available at $3.99/mo with a risk-free 30 days money back guarantee.
- Offers 2000+ servers in more than 75 global locations.
- 40,000 shared IP Addresses to mask your location.
- It has a No-log policy which means your personal data is secure.
- Gives protection against malware and ransomware.
- Secure unlimited devices at the same time.
- Multiple VPN protocols such as WireGuard®, OpenVPN, IKEv2, and IPSec.
- Provides SOCKS5 proxy for fast connection without encryption.
- Split tunneling feature to filter apps that need data encryption.
- Live chat support & email support available 24/7.
- Available on multiple platforms such as Windows, Android, or macOS.
ExpressVPN: Enterprise-Level Secure VPN Remote Work
It is another alternative if you are seeking a VPN for work from home and freelancing. ExpressVPN is best known for its high-grade data privacy features. This can be very helpful for work files that need world-class security over the internet.
The price plan starts at $6.67/mo if you want to buy this VPN to work from home.
- 3000+ servers in 160 locations across 94 countries.
- Lightway protocol for a fast and reliable connection.
- AES-256 standard encryption to keep your data safe.
- Private DNS to make your connection faster.
- Network Lock that protects your data if VPN disconnects.
- Supports up to 5 devices under one plan.
- Unlimited bandwidth removes ISP throttling restrictions.
- 27/7 live customer support available.
- 30-day money return guarantee.
- Compatible with Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux.
NordVPN: Static-IP VPN For Work From Home 2022
Being a popular virtual private network, it provides an option to use a dedicated IP feature. You can setup VPN to work from home with this static IP which can be used by only you. The plans for this VPN wfh subscription start at $3.69/mo and you can enjoy 3 months for free.
- 5500+ servers in 59 countries around the world.
- Meshnet technology for connecting to remote devices securely.
- Secure up to 6 devices with one plan.
- Double IP protection to hide your location behind two IP Addresses.
- Lightweight extension for various browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- 24/7 live support when using a VPN for work from home.
- Static IP support in the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, France, and Germany.
- Threat protection to keep you safe from malware and trackers.
- Dark Web Monitor to avoid account information exploitation.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
CyberGhost: Easy To Use VPN For Remote Workers
This work VPN on personal computer has a very user-friendly interface. With just one click on the connect button, you can protect your office-related work files from hackers. You get the option to switch between different protocols for faster speed in this VPN for work from home.
The wfh VPN subscription costs $2.29/mo with public Wi-Fi safeguard feature to keep you anonymous.
- Large network of 8900+ servers in 91 countries.
- 256-bit AES encryption to prevent data leaks.
- Availability of 100 locations for connection.
- Provides transparency reports every 3 months for the no-logs stored policy.
- Secure privacy on up to 7 simultaneous devices.
- Multiple protocols such as OpenVPN, IPsec, IKEv2, and WireGuard® are supported.
- Dedicated IP so that you don’t share it with anyone.
- 45-day money-return guarantee.
- No limit on bandwidth usage.
- Bypass restrictions to access blocked websites.
Private Internet Access: Low-Cost VPN WFH Plans
PIA is a globally known best undetectable VPN for work from home that protects your sensitive work files. This virtual private network offers cheap plans so you can afford the best data encryption features at a low price.
VPN work from home subscription plans for PIA starts at $2.03/mo to encrypt your important data.
- 30,000+ servers in 84 countries.
- Open source software that is completely transparent to the public.
- 24/7 live support is provided.
- Advanced split-tunneling to choose which apps don’t use VPN.
- Dedicated IP addresses provide unique IP to every customer.
- 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption to choose from.
- Uses open source WireGuard® protocol to access restricted sites.
- Email breach monitor and protection against a virus or malware.
- Secure 10 simultaneous devices.
- Offers 30-day money-back guarantee.
PureVPN: Cheapest VPN For Work From Home Plans
It is another service provider of VPN remote work at an affordable price. It uses a special encryption method to scramble your important data so that hackers can’t decode it. You can get it for $1.99/mo. Those who want to use a VPN to work from home for a long time can get it for $1.49/mo also.
- 6500+ global servers in 78+ countries.
- Supports multi-login on up to 10 devices.
- 20Gbps servers for the fastest speed.
- A Large network encrypted with AES 256-bit standard.
- IPv6 Protection VPN for work from home to prevent data leaks.
- WebRTC to protect the data breach during real-time traffic exchange.
- 31-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 support to resolve connection issues.
- Protocols like IPsec, IKEv2, and OpenVPN are supported.
- Devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux are supported.
HideMyAss: Best Work VPN On Home Network
HMA is an excellent VPN for work from home that is easy to use and offers great data privacy features. It encrypts the credentials and files that you use to connect to company servers while working from home.
The price to get this VPN to work from home costs $2.99/mo.
- Provides 1100+ servers in 190+ countries.
- 20Gbps server speed to ensure no lag.
- Uses 256-bit AES encryption with 4096-bit RSA keys to protect data.
- Works with OpenVPN, IPsec, and IKEv2 protocols.
- 30-day money return guarantee is provided.
- Multiple platform support such as Windows, Android, and iOS.
- Offers split tunneling to manage which apps don’t use VPN.
- DDoS protection by hiding IP addresses on the network.
- Up to 5 simultaneous devices can be protected.
- Live chat support 24/ available.
Hotspot Shield: Great Work VPN On Personal Computer
Hotspot shield comes under the category of fastest VPN for work from home. It is a common issue to have a low speed on the home network due to ISP restrictions. So a virtual private network with both fast encryption speed and connection speed is important.
The monthly cost of the Hotspot shield is $7.99 to get this best VPN for working from home. If you use it for a long period of time, you can get it for as low as $2.99/mo.
- 3200 VPN servers in 80 countries.
- Proprietary Hydra protocol for fast connection.
- VPN for work from home with 115+ unique virtual locations.
- 24/7 customer support is available
- Multi login on up to 5 devices for data privacy and 25 devices on the premium plan.
- Available on many platforms including Windows, Android, and iOS.
- Free version with 1 virtual location.
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed up to 1Gbps with a VPN connection.
- Anti-phising protection that notifies when visiting any phising page.
VyprVPN: Secure VPN For Work From Home Package
It is a reliable and secure virtual service provider for the home network using the 256-bit OpenVPN protocol for encryption. The plans offered are available for both remote workers and small businesses. Using its VPN connection to work from home will cost $8.33/mo under the yearly plan.
- 700+ VPN servers with 70+ locations available for access.
- Dynamic switching of servers to avoid server overloading.
- Chameleon protocol for best encryption of data traffic.
- A Large pool of 300,00 IP addresses to use VPN for work from home.
- 30-day money-return guarantee.
- Protects against DNS leaks so trackers can’t trace your traffic.
- Up to 10 simultaneous devices can be secured.
- Unblock restricted content on the website for streaming.
- Kill Switch to protect traffic on P2P connections if VPN disconnects.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
Bitdefender VPN: Compact VPN Work From Home Services
It’s an ultra-fast VPN for work from home with premium services that safeguard your sensitive work data. To prevent hackers or third-party software from tracking your data, it encrypts all incoming or outgoing traffic.
You have to pay just $2.49/mo to connect to a work VPN from home under its yearly plan.
- Up to 4000 servers in 49 countries worldwide.
- Saves no logs to ensure complete privacy.
- Encrypt traffic on up to 10 devices under one plan.
- Compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS.
- 30 days refund policy.
- Bypass Geo-restrictions and ISP throttling.
- Offers free version to subscribers.
- Uses Catapult Hydra protocol for a reliable connection.
- No support for Kill Switch.
- Data is secured with AES-256 standard encryption.
ProtonVPN: Truly Unlimited WFH VPN 2022
It can help you access the company’s network safely and share unlimited files with a high-quality encryption service. The price to use this VPN for work from home starts at $3.29/mo. No limit on bandwidth usage makes it the best VPN for tablet and streaming sites.
- 1400+ servers in 61 global locations.
- Servers with high speed up to 10Gbps.
- NetShield to block Ads and protect against malware.
- Secure 10 devices simultaneously with one plan.
- Swiss VPN with a 30-day money return guarantee.
- VPN Accelerator to boost speed by 400%.
- OpenVPN, IPsec, and IKEv2 protocols are supported.
- Traffic encryption with SHA384 authentication.
- Provides a free version with unlimited bandwidth.
- Can work with Windows, Android, and iOS.
Windscribe: Remote VPN For Work From Home
Windscibe can be a good choice if you want a dedicated IP for VPN to work from home. The price plan for remote workers starts at $5.75 for one month.
- Servers are available in 63 countries worldwide in 110 cities.
- Customizable R.O.B.E.R.T tool for blocking specific domains.
- Strong encryption using AES-256 cipher technology.
- Configurable OpenVPN, IPsec, and IKEv2 protocols.
- Offers a free plan also with limited bandwidth.
- Static IP allows you to use the same IP every time you connect to VPN.
- Available for download on multiple platforms.
- Port forwarding to access remote computers securely.
- Doubles the protection by covering tracks behind 2 VPN servers.
- Blocks Ads and trackers that trace your web activity.
Is Free VPN For Work From Home Safe?
No, a free VPN can not provide optimal data privacy features because they save logs. So there is always a great risk that sensitive company information might get leaked. Also, some free virtual private networks share your information with third-party brokers.
That’s why it is advised to search for an affordable VPN wfh plan to get the enterprise-grade data privacy feature. A paid virtual private network is much better than the free one, in all aspects of speed and security.
How VPN For Work From Home Works?
The VPN client that installs on your device acts as a firewall between the user’s computer and the VPN server. When an employee connects to an organization’s network through the internet, VPN creates a tunnel between them. The data traffic transferred over this tunnel is fully encrypted by VPN protocols.
When you use a work VPN on your home network, it works as a VPN client. It encrypts the files or data that you send or download with 256-bit encryption using RSA hash keys. This traffic goes through the internet and is decrypted by a VPN server before reaching the destination.
In the same way, when data reaches the user’s computer from the source, it is encrypted by the VPN server. When this encrypted traffic arrives at the employee’s computer, it is decrypted by the VPN client. This is how sensitive work information is secured by VPN work from home service.
So we have discussed some famous VPN for work from home that you can use for data encryption. When you choose a VPN, make sure it has lots of servers available near your location for the best speed. It not only encrypts important information for you but also unlocks content that is not available in your region.
Is VPN For Work From Home Good?
Yes, it is good to use VPN work from home service as the home network is not safe for accessing important office files. Also, the risk of data leaks without a VPN is very high.
Which VPN Remote Work The Best?
Surfshark is the best VPN for remote workers because it has affordable plans. Also, it has support for securing data on unlimited devices under a single plan.