Are you worried about Chromecast not working with VPN in 2023? Read our guide to know the troubleshooting steps to fix Chromecast errors with VPN.
There are multiple reasons why VPN not working with Chromecast. Such as Bandwith limitations and unstable network connection.
In this article, we provide various reasons why Chromecast failed to connect with VPN on Android and iPhone. Read our full guide to know the factors that prevent Chromecast from working on VPN, and also the easy solution.
Why Is Chromecast Not Working With VPN Android?
There may be many reasons why Chromecast not working on VPN. Here are some potential reasons:
- Regional Restriction: Regional restriction may also be a reason why Chromecast not working with VPN 2023. Ensure that your VPN is connected to a supported server location.
- Bandwidth Limitations: Connection problems or buffering may occur due to bandwidth limitations on the VPN.
- Use Of Blacklisted VPN Server: If you are using the VPN server blacklisted by Chromecast, then in this condition Chromecast not connecting with VPN.
- Unstable Network Connection: Connection to an unstable network source may also lead to VPN not working with Chromecast. Make sure that your device has a stable internet connection.
- Change In Location: Until the Chromecast and the device you are casting from have the same location, Chromecast not working with VPN 2023. To resolve the Chromecast not working issue ensure that Chromecast and the casting device both have the same location.
- Use Of Outdated Protocols: If your VPN uses outdated tunneled protocol that means your location may be leaked, and your IP may leak. This can also be a reason why Chromecast not Working over VPN.
- Use Of Antivirus Software: Sometimes antivirus will also cause the VPN not working with Chromecast. So to fix the Chromecast not connecting with VPN error deactivate the antivirus and try again later.
These are the possible and analyzed issues that may be the reason why VPN not working with Chromecast. However, to know the tested methods to fix Chromecast not connecting with VPN issues have a look below.
Why Chromecast Not Working With VPN iPhone?
There may be various reasons why your Chromecast not working with VPN. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Locational Error: Different locations of routers and your cast device may also be a cause of why VPN not working with Chromecast.
- Unstable Internet Connection: A weak or unstable network connection may also be a reason why Chromecast not working with VPN iPhone.
- Limited Bandwidth: The limitation of the VPN’s bandwidth is also a reason why your Chromecast not connecting with VPN.
- Use Of Outdated VPN Software: Use of an outdated VPN may also be a reason why Chromecast not working with VPN on an iPhone.
Above mentioned are the major reasons why Chromecast failed to connect with VPN. However, if you can’t fix the issue then I recommend you to contact your VPN’s customer care.
How To Fix Chromecast Not Working With VPN 2023?
Follow the below-mentioned steps and methods to fix Chromecast failed to connect with VPN.
- Change VPN Server To Fix Chromecast Error
- Connect VPN To Router To Fix Chromecast Working Issue
- Change Your VPN Provider To Fix Chromecast Error
Dont know how to prosecute these changes then dont worry we also provide the steps for each so that our users can fix their issues without any problem. Have a look below to know the steps for particular change.
Change VPN Server To Fix Chromecast Error
Use a different VPN server that will provide you with a new IP address that will allow you to access the Chromecast with a VPN.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to switch the VPN server location on the device you are casting from:
- Open the VPN app on your casting device.
- Use the search box to switch the location.
- Select the server from where you want to connect.
- Click on the connect button.
- Once your VPN connects successfully, plug in your Chromecast and enjoy streaming.
If you are using the latest version of Chromecast and have already a VPN installed on the device then you can also do the same from the Chromecast menu. To do so go to the Chromecast menu then open the VPN and change the server location.
Connect VPN To Router To Fix Chromecast Working Issue
Connection to the two different networks may also be a reason why Chromecast not working with VPN. Like your phone is connected to the mobile network while Chromecast device is connected to a home router.
On the same network, the connection may fail because the VPN is recognized as a different network. Installation of VPN on your router might be the solution to this multiple network connection problem.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN.
- Download and Install the VPN.
- Click on the router option and select router.
- Tap on Manual Configuration select your router model and download its configuration.
- Copy the appeared activation code.
- Login to the router’s admin panel.
- Click on the connectivity.
- In the router firmware update, fill in the Firmware that you downloaded.
- Tap on the start button.
- Follow the given prompt to reboot your router.
- After the reboot, to start go to your provider’s router’s website.
- Enter your credentials and click on the save button.
- Connect your Chromecast to the router via Wi-Fi or Ethical cable.
After that, you can start your Chromecast and enjoy the streaming.
Change Your VPN Provider To Fix Chromecast Error
If none of the above fixes works then the last option you have is to change your VPN provider. You have 2 methods to use VPN for Chromecast first install the VPN on your casting device or connect the VPN directly to Chromecast. If you have a new version of Chromecast.
If you want to try this method to fix Chromecast not working with VPN 2023 issue then here is the step-by-step guide to changing your VPN provider on a casting device.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. (Recommended NordVPN)
- Download and install the VPN.
- Login to NordVPN.
- Look for the search bar and connect to the available location.
Now you can watch and enjoy the streaming by using Chromecast with VPN.
If you have the latest version of Chromecast and you want to install VPN on your Google TV then follow the below-mentioned steps:
How To Install VPN On Chromecast Latest Version (Google TV)?
Install the VPN on your Chromecast latest version and fix Chromecast not connecting with VPN issue. To set up VPN on Chromecast with Google TV follow the below-mentioned steps:
- On your remote hold Google assistance button and tell to download NordVPN.
- Click on the Install button.
- Tap to open.
- Login to the VPN with your credentials.
- Confirm the connection request by clicking on the OK button.
- Connect to the location where the content you want to access is available.
Now, start streaming by opening the Chromecast app and enjoy. If you want to know other alternatives to NordVPN then checkout VPN for Google TV.
Does Chromecast Block VPN?
Yes, Chromecast can block VPN if it detects that your IP address changing frequently. Try to connect Chromecast and your casting device to the same location to avoid the Chromecast failed to connect with VPN error.
You may buy NordVPN Dedicated IP address, in order to get same location every time. So that Chromecast will not able to detect that you are using VPN to accessing any restricted content.
Best VPNs To Work With Chromecast
We used and analyzed all the best VPNs and according to our testing, we found the top 3 VPNs that are the best VPNs for streaming Chromecast. Here are the top 3 VPNs that work smoothly with Chromecast.
- NordVPN – Bypass Chromecast Not Working With VPN
- ExpressVPN – Fix Chromecast Failed To Connect With VPN
- Surfshark VPN – Chromecast Not Connecting With VPN
To know in detail which VPN is suitable for you read the below-mentioned brief guide.
NordVPN – Bypass Chromecast Not Working With VPN
NordVPN is one of the best VPN for Chromecast. It provides a high-security protocol that is enough to protect your online activity and personal data. If your VPN not working with Chromecast then you can also use NordVPN and enjoy live streaming.
To know more about the special features of NordVPN check the below-mentioned steps:
- NordVPN server has 5710 servers ultra-fast servers in 60 countries.
- Protect from DDoS attacks.
- NordVPN connects upto multiple devices simultaneously.
- Protects from online threats and malware.
- Offer special NordVPN meshnet features to make connected devices secure.
- 24/7 customer support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Automatic kill switch.
ExpressVPN – Fix Chromecast Failed To Connect With VPN
As we know ExpressVPN is known for its strong protocols and top-notch speed. If your VPN not working with Chromecast then you should try ExpressVPN and enjoy the live streaming service without hindrance.
It is a high-speed VPN because ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries. To make router connection more secure while using Chromecast, you can also use ExpressVPN for routers. Which secures all devices connected to the router.
ExpressVPN offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use. You can easily use it for Chromecast and not face the Chromecast not working with VPN issues.
Here are the features provided by ExpressVPN.
- Unblock all restrictions on Chromecast.
- Save from online hackers and threats.
- Masks your IP address.
- Provide unlimited bandwidth.
- Use high-security protocols.
- Offers high internet speed.
- 24/7 customer support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN offers a special feature called ExpressVPN Mediastreamer. It helps you watch your favorite shows in the restricted region at a decent speed. Use the ExpressVPN H3H3 code to get a massive discount on ExpressVPN’s costly plan.
Surfshark VPN – Chromecast Not Connecting With VPN
Surfshark VPN is the best and most affordable option to access Chromecast if your VPN not working with Chromecast. Surfshark VPN offers top-notch speed because it has more than 3200 servers in 100 countries.
Surfshark allows you to connect upto unlimited simultaneous connections. To know more about the features of Surfshark VPN have a look below:
- Provide AES-256-GMC encryption.
- Strict no lag policy.
- Connection upto unlimited devices simultaneously.
- Hides your online presence.
- Camouflage mode.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Offer high-speed data connection.
If your pocket is tight and you want to access the premium VPN then Surfshark VPN is the best option for you. Surfshark allows its users to browse safely at a decent speed while keeping safe from online hackers and other threats.
To get the Surfshark VPN at a discounted price use the fresh Surfshark coupon code and save upto 84% of your money.
Apart from this if you are using Hotstar and it blocked your VPN then you can also read Hotstar not working with VPN to solve the blocking VPN error.
You can use any of the above-mentioned VPNs to fix the Chromecast not working with VPN error. Also, we provided a coupon code for each VPN, So that you can get the premium VPN at the discounted price.
Why Chromecast Not Working With VPN 2023?
There may be various reasons why VPN not working with Chromecast such as an unstable network connection, misconfiguration in a network, and use of antivirus.
Why NordVPN Chromecast Not Working?
Reason behind NordVPN Chromecast Not Working might be due to frequent Changes in the IP address, different IP address in your both device, error in casting device or unstable network connection.
Looking out these issues help you to fix Chromecast failed to connect with VPN.
Is It Legal To Use VPN For Chromecast?
This depends on your past activities what you want to access and from you want to access. Use of VPN for illegal activities is not legal while for good is legal.