Don’t know how does ExpressVPN work with Eero routers? With ExpressVPN Eero setup keep your data secure from cyber criminals on your home network.
Connecting ExpressVPN with Eero routers can extremely enhance your browsing privacy and online security. Your Wi-Fi traffic will be encrypted if you use ExpressVPN for Eero router. It can protect your unlimited devices at once without the need to setup ExpressVPN on each device.
In this article, we will discuss how to use ExpressVPN on Eero routers to hide your online identity.
Does Eero Support ExpressVPN?
Yes, ExpressVPN work with Eero routers via VPN passthrough. It is not possible to setup ExpressVPN Eero directly on its router so you will have to use the VPN passthrough method. You have to install ExpressVPN on another router and then you can pass the Eero traffic from that router.
VPN passthrough will connect your Eero router with a secondary router running ExpressVPN and it will encrypt your traffic. ExpressVPN work on routers of various vendors like Netgear, Linksys, and Asus so it will be easy to set up.
Why Use ExpressVPN For Eero?
There are many reasons to use ExpressVPN on Eero routers as mentioned below:
- Browsing Privacy: Using ExpressVPN with Eero will cover your online tracks and the websites you visit. It gives you complete online VPN privacy & prevents monitoring of your traffic.
- Personal Data Security: Strong 256-bit AES technology of ExpressVPN work with Eero routers to encrypt your data. So hackers & data snoopers can’t track your Eero traffic because it’s encrypted.
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: IP masking & location spoofing features of ExpressVPN help you remove censorship barriers. This way Eero ExpressVPN setup lets you access websites that are blocked in your country.
- Stable Connection: ExpressVPN offers fast connections with low ping which is quite helpful for online gaming. So configuring ExpressVPN Eero routers offers a smooth and lag-free gaming experience.
How Does ExpressVPN Work With Eero?
ExpressVPN with Eero works by hiding your real location and switching your IP address with the server’s IP address. Once you enable Express VPN on Eero routers, all of your web traffic will be passed through a secure encrypted tunnel.
The browsing data is also encrypted via 256-bit keys so hackers can’t track and monitor your web activity. Though it is not possible to directly install Eero ExpressVPN, you can use a secondary router & connect to Eero through a VPN passthrough.
How To Setup ExpressVPN On Eero?
The steps to install ExpressVPN for Eero using DD-WRT secondary router are given below:
- Go to ExpressVPN’s official website.
- Login ExpressVPN & visit the “My subscription” tab.
- Tap on the green box with the setup ExpressVPN icon.
- Tap “Manual Config” when new tab opens.
- Then click “OpenVPN” & fill in “Username & Password”.
- Now choose a location & tap to download the config file.
- Open the router’s control panel & enable OpenVPN settings.
- Enter Server IP/Name in OpenVPN client settings from the config file.
- Type in Port & enable authentication by entering ExpressVPN credentials.
- Enable the “Advanced” option & tap to enable “NAT”.
- Write Tunnel UDP fragment “1450” & enable “Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix”.
- Then tick nsCertType verification & go to additional config.
- Enter the following: persist-key persist-tun fragment 1300 mssfix 1450 keysize 256
- In config file, copy text between <tls-auth> & </tls-auth>.
- Paste it inside the TLS Auth Key section.
- Copy the text between <ca> & </ca>, paste it inside CA Cert.
- Copy the text between <cert> & </cert> & paste it inside Public client cert field.
- Copy the text between <key> & </key> & paste it inside Private client key box.
- Then “Apply Settings” after clicking the “Save” button.
- Finally enable VPN passthrough on Eero & connect to this router.
This way you can configure Eero ExpressVPN to hide your IP and change location. Once you setup ExpressVPN on your secondary router, ExpressVPN work with Eero without any issue using the VPN passthrough setting.
If you are using any other secondary router than DD-WRT, then download the firmware from the official website of ExpressVPN. Upload the firmware to the router control panel under the firmware upgrade. Then visit your ExpressVPN account and enter the ExpressVPN activation code in it.
Then set your Wi-Fi password and router password & you are done. Now use any router running Express VPN with Eero routers & get ultimate privacy for your data traffic.
How To Use ExpressVPN With Eero?
The steps to use the ExpressVPN Eero combination are given below:
- Subscribe to a VPN service(Use ExpressVPN 50 off coupon code).
- Now set up your VPN on a secondary router.
- Then launch the Eero application & go to Advanced >> Settings.
- Visit DHCP & NAT section.
- After this, enable Bridge or Manual as your choice.
- Finally, save settings & that’s it!
Using Bridge mode can connect your Eero device to the secondary routers. Doing this will make ExpressVPN work With Eero & all of your traffic will be passed through the VPN-running secondary router.
What Benefits Do You Get Using ExpressVPN On Eero?
Using ExpressVPN for Eero will give you the following benefits:
- ExpressVPN server locations in 94 countries.
- 256-bit AES encryption for web traffic.
- DNS leak protection while browsing.
- Secure 5 devices with a single subscription.
- Unblock streaming platforms like Hulu, Netflix with ExpressVPN.
- Play online games on low ping without lag.
- TrustedServer technology to ensure data privacy.
- No-log policy so your data is never stored.
- Network Kill Switch & VPN Split tunneling.
So these are the advantages you get when ExpressVPN work with Eero. You can use the Eero ExpressVPN setup to secure more than one device without paying any extra cost.
How Much Does ExpressVPN Eero Cost In 2024?
Using ExpressVPN on Eero routers will cost you from $6.67/mo to $12.95/mo. You can also opt for the ExpressVPN plan to save money and get budget-friendly privacy protection for Eero. The price plan of ExpressVPN for Eero is mentioned below:
- ExpressVPN 1 Month Plan: The cost of the monthly plan is 12.95 without any discount. This plan of ExpressVPN work with Eero for new users & gives a 30-day money-back guarantee also.
- ExpressVPN 6 Months Plan: You have to pay $9.99 each month for using ExpressVPN with Eero for 6 months. It also comes with a 30-day money-return policy.
- ExpressVPN 12 Months Plan: It is the cheapest plan for Eero ExpressVPN users & costs $6.67/mo with a 49% discount on the actual price. You will also get ExpressVPN 3 months free trial along with this plan & a 30-day money refund.
Is ExpressVPN For Eero Better Than Free VPN?
Yes, using ExpressVPN with Eero is much better than using a free VPN service. There are a lot of security risks and data leakage risks when using a free VPN. Most free VPNs keep track of their user’s activities & later sell it to data brokers to make money.
ExpressVPN work with Eero using RAM-only servers with a strict no-log policy which ensures that your data is never stored permanently. It encrypts your data with a 256-bit cipher that keeps your traffic secure from hackers.
Also, the server speed performance you get with ExpressVPN Eero setup is quite faster as compared to free VPNs. It also offers unlimited bandwidth which lets you use streaming services without any delay or buffering.
Does ExpressVPN Work With Eero For Streaming?
Yes, you can use ExpressVPN with Eero for streaming purposes. ExpressVPN bypasses all censorships & lets you access blocked content on devices connected through Eero.
Is ExpressVPN Compatible With Eero?
ExpressVPN is compatible with a wide range of routers that you can use with Eero router for VPN passthrough. You can’t configure ExpressVPN on Eero because direct installation is not supported by Eero routers.
Eero routers are used so multiple devices can use a single connection & using ExpressVPN with Eero can enhance your online security. Though it is not possible to install ExpressVPN on Eero but we have mentioned how does ExpressVPN work with Eero via VPN passthrough.
So you can start using ExpressVPN for Eero routers as it offers military-grade encryption with 256-bit strong keys. It also has high-speed 10 Gbps servers in 94 countries so you don’t have to worry about slow connections. With ExpressVPN’s compatibility with most router vendors, you can easily set VPN passthrough for Eero.
Discover other Latest ExpressVPN Blogs: